Sat, Feb 06|
Holistic Cannabis Consumption: Pregnancy, Childbirth, & Postpartum Live Online Course
A comprehensive seven-week online holistic childbirth education course for women, birthing people, and families who consume cannabis medicine to support pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
Feb 06, 2021, 2:00 PM EST – Mar 20, 2021, 4:00 PM EDT
About the Course
Holistic Cannabis Consumption: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Postpartum 7-week live online course focuses on the traditional uses of cannabis for women's health, it's historical uses in obstetrics, and the use of cannabis-infused remedies for moms and babies during pregnancy and beyond. We'll dissect current research, cannabis laws and regulations, and Shatter The Stigma associated with cannabis use during pregnancy.
During our seven-week course, we will meet virtually twice a week for weekly live presentations and group discussions on cannabis. Course participants can expect to spend 2-3 hours per week on the course content.
Weekly Live Presentations, Videos, & Group Discussions Demonstrations & Tutorials Supplemental Resources + Cannabis Recipes Recommended Reading List 25+ PDFs of evidence-based information and research on cannabis, pregnancy, birth, and postpartum including the Women & Cannabis book Herbal Remedies + Holistic Comfort Measures for Pregnancy, Childbirth, & Postpartum The Cannabis Diary by The Cannabis Doula Course Guidebook & more
Course participants are introduced to cannabis as a traditional woman's health aid, plus you will learn:
- The History and Science of the Cannabis plant, and how it interacts with our body's Endocannabinoid System
- Strategies for S.A.F.E. cannabis consumption for increased healing and medicinal benefits during pregnancy through postpartum
- Cannabis Analgesia, and Pain Management During Childbirth
- Language to use when talking about cannabis with your doctor
- Tips to avoid negative interactions with social services
- Best practices for locating a doctor, or midwife, or other care providers who support cannabis use during pregnancy
- Demonstrations and recipes for cannabis-infusions, tinctures, topicals, and edibles to support family wellness and womb wellness
- Cannabis consumption methods to promote family wellness
Lesson 1: Ancient & Traditional History of Cannabis Live Discussion
Lesson 1: Activity & Group Session
+$2.50 service fee
These limited tickets are reserved for Black/Indigenous women and families, and low-income communities impacted by the war on drugs and cannabis prohibition.
+$2.50 service fee